BBQ Guru DigiQ DX3 Controller Kit for Junior Ceramic Grills
Automatic, digital temperature controller for the Monolith Junior, Kamado Joe Junior, BGE Small, BGE Minimax ceramic grills, from the experts at BBQ Guru. This can be easily retro-fitted to the front lower vent on any of these grills.
Complete with 2 probes;
- 1 x Pit Probe - detects the temperature inside the dome, and adjusts airflow accordingly
- 1 x Food Probe - detects the temperature of your meat, so that you can easily determine when a joint is cooked perfectly, and prevent it being overcooked - use the 'Ramp Mode' described below and you even get a warning when your meat is almost done!
Why is controlling your cooker’s temperature is important?
The DigiQ helps solve the two most common problems of cooking outdoors:
- Regulating your grill’s temperature
- Accurately monitoring your food’s temperature
Meat is naturally built around tough, chewy protein fiber structures called collagen. Cooking at precise low temperatures over several hours breaks down those bonds and transforms them into that incredibly tender, tantalizingly juicy, and amazingly delicious BBQ we all crave.
Without the DigiQ, unstable temperature swings quickly dries out your meat and makes it tough. Worse, it could char it beyond recognition. With the use of the DigiQ, however, your cooker’s temperature can be automatically controlled with oven-like precision.
Before our line of BBQ Guru controls, this level of accuracy had never been possible in outdoor cooking. Why is food temperature monitoring important? Open lid. Check temperature. Close lid. Open lid. Check temperature. Close … With most barbequers and grillers, this is what happens. We are so worried about it being overcooked, we constantly check it. That causes the dreaded temperature fluctuations. Because the DigiQ’s digital thermometer constantly tracks your meat’s internal temperature, it eliminates the guesswork of knowing when your food is done. And that means you can pull your food off the heat at the exact moment it reaches its peak of perfection. Simply set your “food ready” temperature on the control, and it notifies you when your meat is done with an audible alert.
Works in Just Four Easy Steps:
- Attach the DigiQ to your grill or smoker
- Place the ambient digital thermometer probe inside on the pit grate
- Place the food digital thermometer inside your meat
- Set your desired temperature for the cooker and your “food ready” temperature
Then let it do its magic. You can set it and forget it with no worries because BBQ Guru’s proprietary technology monitors and controls the cooker, feeds the precise amount of oxygen to your fuel, and helps you achieve precise temperature control. Overcooked meat is a thing of the past, thanks to these fantastic user-friendly innovations;
RAMP MODE FEATURE - Activate the “Ramp Mode” feature and the DigiQ detects when your food is approaching its “done” temperature. It then shuts off the fan blades. That allows you more time to remove your meat at the perfect moment, avoiding the chances of overcooking.
OPEN LID DETECTION - Because opening your cooker’s or smoker’s lid can cause a quick drop in temperature. DigiQ’s built-in algorithms evaluate when a sudden drop in temperature has happened. It then automatically minimizes temperature disturbance and speeds up recovery time to the desired cooking temperature.
FEATURES High intensity LED display that is visible in bright sunlight Controls temperatures ranging from 32˚F-475˚F range with +/- 2˚F accuracy Runs on 100 -240V AC power (12V DC power options available, sold separately) Can control up to two powerful Pit Bull fans (for bigger cookers) Aluminum control box is rugged and rust-free Proudly made in the USA Recipe booklet included
RAVE CRITIC REVIEWS
- BBQBros.net – “I love mine and don’t know what I’d do without it.”
- AmazingRibs.com – “It will save you a lot of time fiddling with your vents.” – Winner of the Technology Silver Award
- ZDNet.com – “You, too, can smoke [meat] like a true competition pitmaster.”
- “Wow. What a way to take the guessing out of long BBQ times, such as a Boston butt or ribs. Works great to keep the temperature at the proper level for cold cooking on my Big Green Egg. Insures success every time!!” – AKP
- “It kept the pit temperature spot on ... and beeped me when the internal temperature met it’s mark.... Easy to set up.... Easy to put away…” – Larry
- “Absolutely incredible! Used it for the first time this past weekend and worked on our Big Green Egg for a 14 hour smoke and was totally fantastic!!!” – AC
- “I bought [the DigiQ] for my husband for Valentine’s Day, and he loves, loves, loves it!!! The food always comes out perfect!!” – Lisa D
- “This is the BOMB! I love it. Smoked two beef tenderloins to perfection. Smoked two fantastic turkey breasts for Thanksgiving. Smiles on everyone’s faces. For the first time in many years, we didn’t have turkey leftovers!” – DRD
- “This item was the best thing to ever happen to my BBQ smoking. I cook overnight and never have any issues.” – Travis
- “The DigiQ is a lifesaver. It regulates everything, and you don’t have to mess with it. We have cooked for 17-18 hours and the DigiQ keeps it a perfect temperature.” – SC
- “Works great, keeps temperature constant, and helps to put out great tasting BBQ.” – AV
- “Just buy the damn thing. You will not be disappointed. It’s the best purchase I have ever made!” – Derek
- “Ran it thru a 12 hour smoke with a big ol’ butt, and the dang thing worked like a charm. – Tom
OTHER GURU CONTROLS
PartyQ – Portable and great for those lives that are on-the-go. Because the PartyQ runs on AA batteries, it is fantastic for controlling cooker temperature when camping, RV’ing, tailgating, or just cooking in your backyard..
CyberQ – Controls your cooker temperature and comes with three digital food thermometers. Monitor and control the CyberQ via WiFi with your mobile device or desktop computer. Also alerts you when your food is done with an e-mail, text, or audible alert.
|Accessory Type||Temperature Controllers|
Delivery details / options for this product;
The Estimated Delivery Date for each product is shown beneath the green 'Add To Basket' button on that products page.
Update - 5th January 2021 - CLICK & COLLECT service is NOT available until further notice - please stay at home, order online and we will deliver your order to you.
Delivery is via Courier, and the delivery date is shown under the 'Add to Basket' button above.
We aim to pack and dispatch all our items within 24 hours of payment (Monday to Friday)**. Items bought over the weekend will usually be dispatched on Monday or Tuesday. The default delivery date is shown under the 'Add to Basket' button.
Orders over £100 are delivered Free of Charge to most mainland UK addresses, and orders under £100 incur a £5.95 delivery charge to most UK addresses. Delivery is generally next day service when ordered before 1pm Monday-Thursday.
You can check what delivery charge may or may not apply to an order by adding items to your Cart, clicking the View Basket button, and using the 'Estimate Shipping' function in the Summary section of the screen. This will give you a shipping cost without collecting any data from you - going this far through checkout is completely anonymous.
**Unless otherwise stated in the listing.